What is WSA?
The World Summit Award (WSA) is the global contest to select the best practice in e-Content. The contest shows that new media keeps the promise and can contribute to a better world. It increases public awareness for ingenious content ideas and applications with a twist, thus assisting in marketing high-quality multimedia products.
e-Content products or ICT application are entered in the WSA via national contests. The national winners in the eight WSA – Albania and Kosovo categories are submitted by the Eminent Expert from Albania, Mr. Dritan Mezini who will conduct a national selection process in order to select in an objective and fair manner the best from Albania and Kosovo.
WSA Albania and Kosovo – National Contest/pre-selection
The WSA Albania and Kosovo National Contest/pre-selection has to:
• be a national competition for e-Content and multimedia applications for professionals
• implement all 8 WSA categories
• provide an outcome of one winner per WSA category prior to the WSA registration deadline
• use the WSA evaluation criteria in the evaluation process
• provide good reference and to demonstrate an independent and transparent selection process
The partnership with the WSA National Contests is contract-based. There is no official WSA pre-selection in a country without a signed contract.
FACTS & NUMBERS
- The World Summit Awards are a HIGHLY DIVERSE AND DEMOCRATIC AWARD SYSTEM, that selects and promotes the world’s best digital innovation with impact on society.
- WSA has been initiated in 2003 in the framework of the UN World Summit on the Information Society (UN WSIS). It contributes to the UN SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS AGENDA by recognizing local digital content with an impact on society, demonstrating the richness and diversity of innovative applications.
- To date more than 180 COUNTRIES are actively involved, making the World Summit Awards are a GLOBAL HUB for everyone who values the crucial importance of local content to make today’s information society more inclusive.
- Be it an app to help the blind using smartphones, or a website reanimating history – the World Summit Awards offer A PLATFORM FOR THOSE, WHO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX.